Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blog 2- Subways

Monday, August 30th was the first day that I rode the subay by myself in New York. Thanks to a  Moleskine notebook that I burchased at Dick Blick, I've found my way around rather successfully since then. It contains both street and subway maps. After an overloaded trip home from Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I have learned to make shopping trips small and frequent. I'm not usually out at night, and when I have been, I've ridden the trains with friends. As our professor told us, "New Yorkers aren't rude, they live with a mission and you are not their mission." I'm not terribly concerned about my safety, as everyone minds their own business, but it doesn't hurt to be safe, especially at night.

We have our first "working" critique on Monday, Sepember 5th, so I'll be very busy working on artwork this semester. I'm looking forward to it, but still a little overwhelmed. A working critique means that we should have a project started for the professor and other students to look at and discuss. Critiques allow me to get in-progress feedback on what I'm working on so that I can continue to improve my work.

I've recieved several questions about the "Jesse" part of this blog name. Here's the scoop: I plan to use this as my "New York" blog while I'm here. Once I return, it will be come a family blog, like that of my brothers' and sisters'-in-law. This will include updates on how and what we're doing.

Praise: I got an internship with Denise Green and start on Tuesday, September 6th.

Prayer Requests: I have a cold. Pray that I get better quickly and that it doesn't slow me down too much. Also, pray that I don't get migraines, and that I continue to have opportunities to hang out with people from the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment