Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog 6- Jesse's Visit

Jesse visited me September 10-12. It has been a very busy week, so I'm only now getting this online.

On Friday I picked Jesse up at the airport around 2:00pm. We checked into his hotel, and then I took him to see my apartment and studio space. Below is a picture of the Empire State Building as seen from my studio window. We ordered Chinese food for supper, which we ate in my apartment. We went to bed early that night, since Jesse was exhausted from the travel.



Saturday we went to Central Park. We took a walk and had a hot dog for lunch. We walked from there along Broadway to Times Square. We visited souvenir shops and enjoyed eachother's company. Jesse was able to see the home of David Letterman's Late Show, which he was very excited about.  For second lunch (one hot dog isn't too filling), we went to an Irish pub/restaurant called The Playwright and had the most amazing hamburgers. The burgers were juicy, the bun was toasted, and EVERY french fry was crispy. I highly recommend Irish Pubs for hamburgers, as I had an amazing hamburger at another one when I was here for spring break. This was September 11, and a Saturday, so Times Square was packed. We hurried through it because I had a migraine, and it was too busy for us. Our personal bubbles are too large for crowds. ;) Since I had a migraine, we laid low the rest of that afternoon and evening. I took a nap, and then we ordered pizza in and watched the 1970s version of King Kong.





Sunday was Jesse's last day here. We visited the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) so that I could show him some of the famous artwork that was there. I had just discovered this on a field trip on Friday before Jesse arrived. Lunch was at Mickey Mantle's Restaurant & Bar. The food was good, and Jesse got a chance to see some of the football games, since it was opening Sunday. We went to the roof of my building to look around at the city a bit, and then we headed off to the airport. Unfortunately, Jesse's flight was delayed several times, so instead of arriving back in Minnesota at 9:30 pm, he didn't get in until after 3 am Monday morning. We were disappointed that we could have spend more time together, but we were also glad that Jesse made it back.



No comments:

Post a Comment